Sunday, January 17, 2010

Drip drip Drip January 17, 2010


Drip drip Drip, originally uploaded by picturethepromises.

We have been a little warmer the last few days and what a treat! Temps in the 30's and some sunshine on your face can make you feel great! I took my camera out and stood in the sun next to the house waiting for a Sparrow or Chickadee to find my feeders. I heard this noise and it was annoying at first. I looked for the source and found that the snow on my roof was melting and the water had found it's way to the gutters. It was just enough to drip, drip, drip from the pipe.

This turned out to be a good opportunity to experiment with aperture and shutter speed. I wanted a fast shutter speed to catch the droplets and have them fairly in focus. I left the aperture fairly big to allow more light in. I've read several sources trying to understand the two and how they work. For me the best way to learn something is by doing it. Sometimes I have to do it over and over to get the hang of it. I guess that's called practice! And they say that practice makes prefect. I may never be perfect but I will be the best that I can be!

Blessings~

1 comment:

  1. Faylin - Looks like your "practice is making perfect"! What a lovely picture. I'm glad you are having warmer temps back there. But, of course, it's time for that January thaw, right?

    ReplyDelete