Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowed In! February 9, 2010


Snowed In!, originally uploaded by pictureapromise.

After a long weekend of freezing rain, snow, blowing snow, more snow, drifting snow, snow day, no school, late start, we finally saw the sunshine! And the sun makes all that snow, sparkle and shine while casting wonderful shadows about creating beautiful abstracts on the snows surface. I walk by these trees every day on my way to work. Most day's I don't notice them, they're just trees. Today was different. their dark rough trunks stood in sharp contrast with the white softness of the snow. Planning to take at least one photo a day is training my eye to look at things differently, to notice things I may not have otherwise, to not just look, but to see. What will I see tomorrow? What will you see?

I hope you see BLESSINGS!

2 comments:

  1. This is truly a wonderful photo! I'm glad you are getting some relief from that weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S A PRETTY PICTURE AND I ALSO NOTICED THAT HUGE PILE OF SNOW IN THE BACKGROUND,THAT'S A LOT OF SNOW!!

    ReplyDelete