Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow Racer February 14, 2010


Snow Racer, originally uploaded by pictureapromise.

Today while watching for my birds, I saw this fella busy chomping down sunflower seeds. He entertained me for some time and made me laugh out loud a time or two. He would sit in the platform feeder or beneath it chomping seeds, the shells stuck in the fur near his tiny but busy little mouth! He would scurry across the snow to the tree, climb to a high branch and much his seeds some more. Then back down to the snow and when I expected him to fly across the snow he went beneath the snow at the base of the tree. It's a good couple feet deep there. So I figure he must have a little winter home under there. BRRR!! Next thing I know, his little head pops out of the snow near the base of the shepherds crook the feeders hang on. The little scamp has burrowed beneath the snow a beeline from tree to feeder. As I continued to watch, he was back and forth from tree to feeder, sometimes using his tunnel and others racing across the snow like he is in todays photo.

I took great delight in watching and was reminded of the verse Psalm 147:11 the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

In other words those of us who fear, love and trust God, He takes great delight in, so much more than I do of this silly squirrel. God loves me, wants to see me succeed, wants to heap blessing after blessing on me. Even when I fail, fall down, make a mess of things, that does not change how he feels about me. I change, circumstances change, the world will change but God is unchanging, the same yesterday, today and forever. My hearts cry to God is that His Spirit would place in me a delight for Him, for His Word, for His will.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment