Monday, February 8, 2010

Hairy Woodpecker February 6, 2010


Hairy Woodpecker, originally uploaded by picturethepromises.

While waiting for some friends to pick me up for a girls day out I was thrilled to see so many birds using my feeders again. Slowly the numbers are increasing and though most of the users are sparrows and finches it's a thrill! To date I have had sparrows, yellow finches, purple finches, juncos, pine siskins, chickadees, my beautiful cardinal pair that visit daily now, hairy woodpecker, downy woodpecker, one redheaded woodpecker and starlings (when I put out bread). The birds are such a joy to me, just so much fun. They are a wonder as well, such tiny fragile things withstanding snowstorms and blizzards, walking barefoot in the snow, and singing and chirping praises to the Father. Would that I be so grateful for all He abundantly provides for me that I have joy in my heart, peace in my soul and a song of praise on my lips.

Blessings~

1 comment: