Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Look to the North February 17, 2010


Look to the North, originally uploaded by pictureapromise.

Lunch time at work today, I didn't have my MP3 so I didn't have my music. Decided not to walk, cleaned the store room and decided to take some boxes out to my car. As I was returning I heard an unusual squawk and turned to look in time to see a giant bird land in the tree across the parking lot. He looked to have a red head and I got quite excited! I ran back into the school, grabbed my camera and dashed back out. Looking in the tree I'd seen him land in I was disappointed to find him gone. I started perusing the area thru my lens and was THRILLED to find him in the tree in the photo. I took a couple shots, moved closer, took a couple more got a little closer took a couple more.

I've seen evidence (long large holes in trees) that these beauties were in the areal for at least 3 maybe 4 years. Thought I saw one fly overhead once but wasn't sure. Then today, providence chose to bless me with not only a good look but the opportunity to photograph this wonderful bird as well.

I was not as close as I would have liked and this photo is quite cropped. I had my 55-200 mm lens but would have like something a little better. I would like to explore the possibility of getting another lens and any help from you my readers would be oh so appreciated.

In the meantime i am so pleased to have a photo of this bird. Providence is waiting to bless you too, are your eyes and your heart open?

Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment