Wednesday, February 3, 2010

He hears me! February 3, 2010


He hears me!, originally uploaded by picturethepromises.

After filling my feeders again, I took a walk thru the deeeeeeep snow to the back of the house. Eyes on the trees, I was nearly on top of this guy before I noticed him. He was alone at the feeders and oh so very busy. He would stop, listen and then poke at the suet a bit more. I was able to take several shots but when I tried to move a couple steps to the left (the camera wanted to focus on the feeder not the Downy), I spooked him and off he flew.

Had I been content where I was, I could have watched him at close range a bit longer. A lesson there. Sometimes I need to just be still, enjoy the moment, be content.

Blessings~

1 comment:

  1. Great photo..photographing birds takes patience..he is very handsome:)

    ReplyDelete