Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lost March 18, 2010



I live in the small town of Abercrombie, so named for the historical Fort Abercrombie whose site is about a mile from my home. It was an early military outpost that served those traveling the oxcart trail, the Red River from Canada to Minneapolis/Saint Paul, early settlers to the area and those traveling west. I'm not an historian, you can find out more from the ND Historical Society. The photo today is taken from the the site and shows how the river and the major flooding we've experienced the last few years is taking it's toll. More and more of the site is falling into the river. It's lost. I've taken some beatutiful photos of the flood waters with reflections and at sunset. That doesn't change the fact that flooding causes damage. I'm concerned about the site, if there is anything they can do to stop the erosion, but all along the river peoples safety, their homes, thier lives are at risk. I'm praying for the people in my community, in Fargo, Grand Forks and all up and down the Red River Valley.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment