Sunday, March 21, 2010

Little Red March 20, 2010

Finally, the first day of spring. I hear of places that had snow, not just a dusting, one friend had 7"! Here we still have our old snow but the day brought sunshine with cooler temps. That was ok, slows down the river rise. Spring weather can be fickle! Spring also brings more feathered friends. Thursday evening I saw two robins, they flew off before I got my camera and yesterday I heard and then saw a blackbird. Just one solitary blackbird. Saw him several times, just him, maybe he's a scout! These pretty finches have been about all winter but are hard for me to photograph, they don't stay at the feeders long. Spring is all about hope, I hope to get more photos of the house finches, I hope to see more robins, I hope to have a yellow headed blackbird again this year, I hope we get no more snow, I hope we have more sun now than clouds. Hope does not disappoint, I know that spring brings new birds, warm temps and eventually summer. Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 True in regard to spring, true in regard to my spiritual life. I hope for God's unconditional love, forgiveness of my sins, His Spirit with me always and an eternal home in heaven with Jesus, faith in Him and His word bring me the assurance that it is so.
Blessings~
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment