Monday, April 5, 2010

April 4, 2010 Retired


Spent Easter Sunday with my parents in northern MN. Had a great time, just too short. My sis cooked a late dinner, delish! I love walking around mom and dads old farmstead. The house is over 100 years old, builf of hand made brick and there are wonderful treasures if you look for them. This car like some of the other things around was discarded years ago and brings to mind all kinds of questions. Who drove it, young or old, family, little children in the back, why did they park it here in the woods? When you look how close the tree is to the door, you can see the car has been there for a very long time. It was retired, the enginge taken and the body left for me to photograph one day.
Blessings
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. That's a great relic you found! I'd think the windshield would be the first to go, but it seems to have weathered well. The spot light on the side made me smile; so many cars had those "back in the day"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture,I bet it wasn't parked in the woods,I bet the woods grew up around it!!!!
    Love old relics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies! yes, I believe it's been there since before the trees! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a fantastic shot! I love the subject!

    ReplyDelete