Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 15, 2010 Let the Harvest begin!


Let the Harvest begin!, originally uploaded by pictureapromise.

I notice a few days ago that the grapes were starting to turn. I also noticed the birds were already snacking! Last year by the time I got out there they had picked the entire crop clean! I was determined this year to not let that happen. I had a very good crop this year, beautiful, big and sweet! This is bowl number on of 5 and the birds pecked holes in at least one bowlful of grapes. I don't mind picking, I don't like cleaning. They smell so good when you cook them, they are easy to smush thru the colander and take for ever to strain thru the jelly bag. The juice leaves stains on my tupperware, my counter and my finger nails but the end result is the best tasting grape jelly you have ever tasted!

My grandma had grapes, that's why I wanted them. Glad she did, glad I do. Thanks Grandma Ida, love you...miss you!

Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment