Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 11, 2010 Fall Color


Fall Color, originally uploaded by pictureapromise.

It is only mid- August and yet as I look around, the signs of fall are about. There is a crispness in the air in the early morning, apples hanging heavy on the tree, deep purple grapes on my vines and just a bit of color as my eyes peruse my back yard. There are yellow leaves on the trees and on a few on the ground. I see a bright red leaf in my strawberry patch and big orange thorn apples on my rose bush. When I hiked in Itasca there was lots of fall color there too. These pretty leaves in yellow and purple. The poison ivy was red, yellow, orange, purple, rust and browns. I saw a few leaves on the ground and some golden on the trees. I love summer, hate saying goodbye to it......So I soak up every bit of beauty and color, scent and sun's ray I can to remember during the long cold, white and sometime bleak winter. Tuck away at least one warm, bright, colorful memory today!

Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment