Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wait, and Let God

I don't know about you but I don't like to wait. I don't like to wait for my coffee to finish brewing, I sneak a cup before the pot is full. I don't like to wait for my kids or my hubby, I am always trying to hurry them up. I get impatient when I have to wait for a light to turn green and right now I CAN"T wait for summer to get here!

I am learning however the benefit and blessings that come when we wait. If I stop to wait for a bird at the feeder, I see so much more of God's creation right there in my back yard. Waiting for the bloom to open on my orchid builds anticipation. Waiting for my children to tell me what's on their minds in their own time will reveal so much more than if I pressed them to tell me anything!

God too wants us to wait, not for Him but on Him. For me it means letting God. Letting Him meet my needs in His own way and in His own time. He knows more fully what I need anyway. He knows the best way to meet that need whatever it is. So when I want to hurry up and solve some problem, meet my own needs or start demanding answers, I am reminded of this verse. Wait for the Lord. Wait ON the Lord, it takes strength to sit on my hands and let God. How about you, are you longing for a situation to be resolved? Are you looking for answers to some struggle you are in the midst of. Be strong, take courage, and wait for the Lord. He's waiting for you to let God.

Blessings~Faylin

Photo by Faylin Myhre please respect copyrights

No comments:

Post a Comment