Saturday, June 26, 2010

May 25, 2010 Blooming Where I'm Planted


I've been growing succulents for years. The reason, I tend to neglect watering and care and they are hard to kill! They rarely bloom for me, only twice before have I had blooms and they were tall spikey things with tiny little flowers. When I walked into the living room I couldn't believe my eyes! This poor neglected plant ( you can see that it is missing leaves along the stem by the planter) was blooming! In spite of difficult circumstances it flowered. Perhaps because of the circumstances! Reminds me of the little saying "Bloom where you're planted". And then I am challenged....do I bloom where I'm planted or wish I was somewhere else, different job, different house, different financial situation, different location, city or state, different body, different talents and on and on....... I have been given so much, beautiful home, wonderful family, a job where I have summers off, a love of creativity, beautiful sunsets, health, freedom, salvation. With a heart that recognizes and is thankful for the blessings I can thrive and blo0m where I'm planted. So can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment