Sunday, December 27, 2009

Whose Party is it anyway? December 26, 2009


Pining, originally uploaded by picturethepromises.

I don't know about you but I get so caught up in the frenzy before Christmas, I sometimes look at the calender on December 26th and say to myself, it's over and you missed it! Growing up, we set up and decorated our real tree on Christmas eve. That was when the party started. Of course mom had all kinds of goodies prepared, cookies, breads, lefse and more! But our "Christmas Programs", company, caroling, and general celebrations took place from Dec 23rd or 24th thru the new year. We never threw the tree out til near the end of January. I think I liked it that way better. I celebrate Christmas, the birth of Jesus my savior. It's His party. Sometimes I feel like we start without Him and by the time His day arrives, we are partied out and movin' on.
There is a new year on the horizon and I want to live it with a little different mindset. Rather than prepare all year for Christmas, I want to celebrate a little Christmas everyday. With a thankful heart, peace in my soul and the Joy of the Lord as my strength, I will celebrate the Babe in the manger and trust the Christ of the cross.
Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment