Monday, December 28, 2009

After....December 28, 2009


After...., originally uploaded by picturethepromises.

I took a few photos today just before sunset. That is my favorite time of day, my favorite light to shoot by. Much of the landscape in this area is flat, flat, flat. No hills, mountains, buttes, waterfalls or lakes. Lots of land as far as the eye can see. In the summertime this field may be filled with wheat or beans or beets or corn. We watch the little plants pop thru the soil in rows. They grow and grow and soon we have the beautiful colors of fall when the crops are ready for harvest. Then comes the winter. Sky and snow. But if you look for it you can find the beauty. I have two shots like this on flickr. One of them is right out of the camera. Nice...
This one I enhanced using picasa. I hit the auto contrast button and the auto color button. I liked what I saw. Sometimes it's ok to add a little color, a little drama to the ordinary of living.
Blessings~


Note: if you click on the photo, it will take you to my flickr account, you can compare the two photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment